On July 7, 2023, the Strategic Planning Board (SPB) of the Hungarian Accreditation Committee (MAB) held its inaugural meeting. The event was opened by Prof. Dr. Valéria Csépe, the President of MAB, who presented the strategic goals of the agency. Dr. Péter Levente Lakatos, Director of International Affairs, talked about MAB’s international cooperations and projects to the members of the SPB. Tekla Bodnár, international administrator, introduced the organizational structure and operations of MAB.
The presentations were followed by a Q&A session and discussions. The SPB, which replaced the previously functioning International Advisory Board, consists of leading quality assurance experts from six European countries. The appointed members, drawing on their extensive international experience in higher education quality assurance, development, and organizational matters, contribute to the further development of MAB’s strategy in line with international trends.
Members of the Strategic Planning Committee:
- Christof Grolimund, Director, Swiss Agency of Accreditation and Quality Assurance (AAQ), former President of ENQA
- Dr. Guy Haug, Higher Education Advisor, played a leading role in the development of the “Bologna Process” and the ERASMUS program of the European Commission, lecturer at the University of Valencia
- Prof. Dr. Melita Kovačević, Professor at the University of Zagreb, former Vice-Rector, former member of the Doctoral Council of the European University Association (EUA), current member of the Steering Committee of the Institutional Evaluation Programme (IEP)
- Prof. Dr. Marilena Maniaci, member of the Board of Directors of ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes), board member of HCERES (High Council for the Evaluation of Research and Higher Education, France)
- Padraig Walsh, CEO, Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), former President of ENQA
- Ronny Heintze, Deputy Director, Agency for Quality Assurance through Accreditation of Study Programmes (AQAS), member of the ENQA Agency Review Committee.