The annual general assembly and workshop of CEENQA took place in Astana, Kazakhstan, between June 2nd and 3rd, 2023. The event was hosted by the Independent Agency for Accreditation and Rating (IAAR), which coordinates institutional and programme accreditation in Kazakhstan.
The workshop on June 2nd focused on human resource development and work culture in quality assurance agencies. The opening speeches were delivered by Sayasat Nurbek, Minister of Science and Higher Education of Kazakhstan, Franci Demšar, President of CEENQA, and Alina Zhumagulova, Director of IAAR. The workshop featured presentations by the Deputy Director of EQAR and several members of the CEENQA community. The presentations from the event can be accessed here:
- Sayasat Nurbek: Opportunities and internationalisation efforts of higher education in Kazakhstan
- Susanna Karakhanyan: Higher education core values and the role of value satisfaction in QA capacity building
- Melinda Szabó: ESG perspectives, human resources and processes for internal QA
- Vesna Dodiković-Jurković: Developments in HR management in QA agencies
- Nataša Kramar: Good practices in staff development – a NAKVIS case-study
- Liia Lauri: Development of digital competence of QA staff
- Nataliia Stukalo: Digitalisation of QA and its impact on the working environment
- Erik Martijnse: Lessons learned from Covid-19
During the general assembly on June 3rd, several important decisions were made, including those related to the executive board members. Vesna Dodiković-Jurković (ASHE, Croatia) was elected as the Vice President of CEENQA. Benjamin Muhamedbegović (HEA, Bosnia and Herzegovina) and Simona Lache (ARACIS, Romania) were re-elected as members of the Executive Council for a second term, while Diane Freiberger (FIBAA, Germany) and Ulkar Sattarova (TKTA, Azerbaijan) were newly elected members of the executive board.
Congratulations to all of them!